Saturday, September 09, 2006

What-did-I-do-on-2-5-September-2006?

Came back from PKV's THE Camp, 2B2C, Building Bridges, Crossing Cultures three days ago. It was my first camp that I was really looking forward to go to because I knew most of the people who were going and this people included my close friends. Camp was great! It was a time for me to think through certain issues-myself, PKV, friendships, my relationship with God...the serenity and stillness of Camerons was something that I really missed a lot.
Building Bridges, Crossing Cultures...
This reminds me that I need to put away whatever self-centeredness that may have been hindering me from reaching out to my friends. Sometimes I give myself so many excuses-ex: I don't know how, I don't have the time, it might affect my friendship with them...etc. It's easy for me to mix with other races...it has never been a problem...but since coming to UM, I find it hard to maintain a close friendship with people outside PKV. Most of it is just on-the-surface kind of friendship, nothing more. God has given me the chance to stay in college for another year, to join the choir, to be room mates with 2 bumiputeras...will I use this opportunity to reach out to my friends? Will I be a brother keeper to my friends in need and not only to people that I feel I have much in common with?
Friendships....
I'm so blessed to know many people in PKV especially the pretty sisters :-) I really treasure this friendship that we have and truly, each one of you have touched my life in your own special way. May each one of us continue to spur and encourage one another in the Lord despite of the many ups and downs that we face each day.
Pictures courtesy of Mun Yee
All the pretty sisters[suit lin and adele are not in the pic! :-( ....] excluding Tuxoon and Johnson....and Sam? :-)
ooh...I'm so cold. help! help!...hehe
Kim Cheng..a woman of great courage. Thanks for everything!
Mun Yee...do you know that my first impression of you in my 1st year was that you are a very garang person..haha..well although I thought you had the garang-ness kind of look but now you are such a warm person to be with. I thank God that I have known a person like you..
Wong Jia Hui...Despite of the many ups and downs, God still never fails to make your life so colourful and meaningful...look to Him always, your help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth...thanks for all the help and encouragement, and also for lending your ears to listen to my laments and complains..hehe
My head is blank...can't stop 'achooing' and coughing....grrr....I'm too blur to write anymore...got lots to write about..what Ive learnt, What I did....For more on THE camp, do visit here and here. I'll probably continue another day when the grey clouds have moved away and when the sun is up...

2 comments:

toPher said...

hey...
i miss camerons!!!... keke..
anyways, you look nice in the last picture wit my mama... kekeke..
take care gal...
God bless.. =)
-chris-

Unknown said...

hi chris!..hehe...long time didnt hear from u :-( ya i miss camerons so much...esp hcc and all the fun stuff we did during rbs..u take care too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails