Friday, June 29, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
If you cannot get what you like,
why not try to like what you get?
Every man should keep a fair-sized cemetery
in which to bury the faults of his friends.
There is nothing progressive about being pig headed
and refusing to admit a mistake.
The blast of temptation struck down the leaves,
but the root stood fast
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
"It isn't the big troubles in life that require character. Anybody can rise to a crisis and face a crushing tragedy with courage, but to meet the petty hazards of the day with laugh--I really think that requires spirit."
"It's the kind of character that I'm going to develop. I am going to pretend that all life is just a game which I must play skillfully and fairly as I can. If I lose, I am going to shrug my shoulders and laugh-alsi if I win."
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Today was my first time handling the Orang Asli Ministry, since Mum has already gone to Australia. Whoa, it was not easy I would say and now I have greater respect for my mum(hehe..) because she's the one who does most of the job by herself. She always tells me to have faith in God, always. And always rely in His strength and power because we can never do it by ourselves. And now I can see how she's able to do it every week without fail and she's already 62 years old.
It was a bit tough for me because I had to speak in Malay and my Malay is so rusty and broken. Oh dear, have to start polishing it....It was nice to see the smile on those little children and the naive look on some of their faces. I just hope and pray that these kids would commit their lives to the Lord and know that He is their Lord too.
The past week...
- Few things were troubling me because I decided to finish up doing some CF stuff, and I've not done so. My brain was blank and I couldn't think. There's so much to think about, so much to plan but at times I felt a bit lost. I don't have much time....
- I think I've gotten attached to Baby Enoch..hehe...he's so cute especially when he smiles and chuckles as if he understands what we're saying to him. And now he doesn't mind me carrying him! Oh, and it's so satisfying putting him to sleep...
- My goodness, yesterday I put Debbie's napkin terbalik..as in the back was front and the front was back.Oops! And she slept all the way through like that until her daddy noticed it. Oops! So much of me being her good aunty and babysitter..hehe
- Has been crazy-my thoughts about the future...sigh...
Thursday, June 21, 2007
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and in all discernment,
that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and wothout offense till the day of Christ.
O Lord, I pray that I make right decisions that are good.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Will be babysitting for another 3 more weeks but at the same time I've got to do a lot of CF stuff.
O Lord, help me organize my thoughts and make them into action!
Friday, June 15, 2007
Yes, my mind is very berserabut now. I'm going to sleep.....
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Monday, June 11, 2007
So I'll be talking about Camp Cameron 2007. It's been more than one week since I came back for Camerons. Ah, I miss that place so much. Oh how I wish my house is up there in the highlands. I still suffer from a minor degree of post camp sickness. I'd be thinking of what we were doing at this time during camp and I'd end up feeling a little bit blue.
- I miss the lame jokes and laughters of my family members. My Grandpa Joshua always made us laugh a lot with his lame and sometimes not-so-lame jokes.hehe...
- I miss both my Grandmas, although I'll be seeing Grandma Kim Cheng quite often :-)
- I miss my Papa Chee Khoon who always begins his sentence by saying the phrase 'they say ah..'.We would wonder who are 'they'?
- I miss the fried rice cooked by my family members using the leftover food. Fried rice will never taste the same again.
- I miss expressions on Sundays where my chalet 8 gals and I would go and watch movie.
- I miss my room-mates:Eveline, Lee Na and Yue Min. I miss the 'romantic light' Eveline always switches on before all of us sleep.hehe...
- I miss teasing Aunty Nhãn and I miss her cheekiness that always made me laugh. I miss the conversations we had about our lives, our culture, and the struggles we face in both our countries.
- I miss all the sessions we had during camp. I especially miss the Wordilicious Investigators on Philemon and Jude. The study on these 2 books reminded me on so many things. Bible Study has become more interesting to me now.
- I miss the nature walk! This is my first time enjoying hiking after many previous hikings.No pressure at all!
- I miss killing the flies! Oh, I'm an expert in it I must say. Killing flies is so satisfying and it's quite therapeutic you know. You should try it also!hehe..
- I miss the quietness and serenity of Cameron Highlands.
- I miss sitting on the steps of my chalet, looking at the hill in front of me and reflecting on so many things
So many things that I miss....
I was quite scared on the last day of camp. Yes, coming face to face with the issues of my life is not as hard compared to coming face to face with reality. Coming back home means that I need to do the things that I've committed to do once I leave camp-improving relationships, especially with my parents. It's not easy yet I thank the Lord for giving me courage to take the first step(during camp). And I pray that the many steps I take after that will bring blessing and joy to my parents and siblings as well.
Although we have met only for 3 weeks and it will be a long time till we meet again, I find it amazing how people can inspire and encourage one another within that short span of time. A group of people coming from different directions, we meet at the crossroads of our lives, we teach and encourage one another, and now each one of us are continuing on our journey at different directions.
I thank God for the abundance of life that He gives so freely to each one of us!
Give me life in Thy ways, O Lord!
Saturday, June 09, 2007
I saw weird things today. This is one of them.