Monday, June 11, 2007

Camp Cameron 2007

To that someone who asked me why I never update my blog, nah, here is a brand new post for you! And I'll be seeing you tomorrow. Apa-lah you... :-)

So I'll be talking about Camp Cameron 2007. It's been more than one week since I came back for Camerons. Ah, I miss that place so much. Oh how I wish my house is up there in the highlands. I still suffer from a minor degree of post camp sickness. I'd be thinking of what we were doing at this time during camp and I'd end up feeling a little bit blue.
  • I miss the lame jokes and laughters of my family members. My Grandpa Joshua always made us laugh a lot with his lame and sometimes not-so-lame jokes.hehe...
  • I miss both my Grandmas, although I'll be seeing Grandma Kim Cheng quite often :-)
  • I miss my Papa Chee Khoon who always begins his sentence by saying the phrase 'they say ah..'.We would wonder who are 'they'?
  • I miss the fried rice cooked by my family members using the leftover food. Fried rice will never taste the same again.
  • I miss expressions on Sundays where my chalet 8 gals and I would go and watch movie.
  • I miss my room-mates:Eveline, Lee Na and Yue Min. I miss the 'romantic light' Eveline always switches on before all of us sleep.hehe...
  • I miss teasing Aunty Nhãn and I miss her cheekiness that always made me laugh. I miss the conversations we had about our lives, our culture, and the struggles we face in both our countries.
  • I miss all the sessions we had during camp. I especially miss the Wordilicious Investigators on Philemon and Jude. The study on these 2 books reminded me on so many things. Bible Study has become more interesting to me now.
  • I miss the nature walk! This is my first time enjoying hiking after many previous hikings.No pressure at all!
  • I miss killing the flies! Oh, I'm an expert in it I must say. Killing flies is so satisfying and it's quite therapeutic you know. You should try it also!hehe..
  • I miss the quietness and serenity of Cameron Highlands.
  • I miss sitting on the steps of my chalet, looking at the hill in front of me and reflecting on so many things

So many things that I miss....

Yes, there is a time for everything. A time to experience the present moment and a time to remember the past. I've gained a lot from Camp Cam. It was a time for me to look at certain issues in my life and to come face to face with the hidden truths that I've taken for-granted for a long time. It's good that I deal with these issues, the sooner the better. Life's not easy for me. It may seem to be otherwise, but the truth is I struggle a lot. And these struggles are with people around me and this eventually lead to the struggles I face with myself as a person.

I was quite scared on the last day of camp. Yes, coming face to face with the issues of my life is not as hard compared to coming face to face with reality. Coming back home means that I need to do the things that I've committed to do once I leave camp-improving relationships, especially with my parents. It's not easy yet I thank the Lord for giving me courage to take the first step(during camp). And I pray that the many steps I take after that will bring blessing and joy to my parents and siblings as well.

Although we have met only for 3 weeks and it will be a long time till we meet again, I find it amazing how people can inspire and encourage one another within that short span of time. A group of people coming from different directions, we meet at the crossroads of our lives, we teach and encourage one another, and now each one of us are continuing on our journey at different directions.

I thank God for the abundance of life that He gives so freely to each one of us!

Give me life in Thy ways, O Lord!

1 comment:

Christopher Koh said...

HAHA!
You posted just for me??
Wah, I'm so touched! keke..

I know how you feel about missing the most littlest and simplest thing in Camp. From the midnight gossip sessions to the talks that somehow how touched us in one way or another.
I miss MY Camp Cam' too. :(

Indeed it is amazing how people can inspire one another in such short period of time!
You know, I learnt in RBS that "Sharing is a Blessing". I think Solomon said it. hahaha... Yes, I still remember.
And it's true!
What's more marvellous is how God connects each member of your family through their sharing!
Well,at least that's how I feel in my family!

Thanks for sharing.
It really reminded me about my Camp Cam'!

Still I believe above everything else, Neriton rocks!!
wakakakaka....

Yours truly,
Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails