Monday, May 31, 2010

Changes.

I've come to this stage where everything is changing so fast. I have to embrace so many new experiences and at the same time I have to let go of so many other things. The latter seems to be the hardest. Sometimes it's not easy facing all of these alone.

My parents are getting old. Everyone is changing. Everyone is getting older. And then there will be sad surprises. Some people will be stricken with some kind of illness. They don't seem to get any better. And then they leave us.

Nothing will remain the same. Everything is changing. What am I to do?
With all of these happening, the only Person whom I can cling on to who is the same yesterday, today and forever, is God.

***
Panda left us on May 24th 2010 after coming into our home 14 years ago.

No more 'happy feet' to greet us.

:o(

4 comments:

Christopher Koh said...

You know what, it scares me too. Each time I come home, I see my parents getting older.
KL don't look the same anymore.
People change.
Yes, it's sad.
But don't get trapped in the past. That's the danger of reminiscing and denying change from happening.
I think change happens for one good reason - For us to experience the never-changing God.

When all else change, He doesn't.
Without change, we cannot experience the yesterday-today-&-tomorrow God of ours ;)
So cheer up my good ol' friend!

Unknown said...

Hey Chris!
Yeah, I think many people our age will be feeling the same kind of feelings...and this is the phase where most of the changes happen at the same time. So it gets overwhelming some times :(

Yup, we have a Great God who never changes!

It's been so long since I last heard from you.Good to know that you're alive and well =P

Christopher Koh said...

Just when you think I'm not reading your blog, I am! :P

Thanks for the birthday wish by the way. I was half expecting Banting Char Kuey Teow to be delivered to my doorstep.. Hehe.

Eh, I'm planning to get a camera. Any suggestion which one to get ar since you so pro d. :P What camera you using? I like your camera's quality! And of course, your skill too.. :P

Chris

Hyma said...

hey.. i just saw this..my condolences..my doggie's really old too..i think it's not going to be long before we say goodbye to her.. csn't imagine her not being in my life..*huggs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails