Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Time really flies. In just 3 weeks time I will be facing my first major exam in uni.
Last weekend was quite a busy one for me but I'm so glad I can go back home almost every weekend and serve in my church. I realise that God wants me to serve Him here. Over the past few years serving in my church has been rather difficult for me because of the language barrier and there were times(many times) when I've prayed and ask God why did He put me in this type of situation. I felt so out of place. I shouldn't be here. I should have been elsewhere.

We want things to be so easy.We don't like to face a slightest discomfort in our life. I realised that we can serve God despite of any barriers. He wants us not to be easily distracted by the discomfort or problems that come our way. Just serve. I serve God not only because I love Him but because He first loved me. I serve because I have a hope which is eternal life. I serve because I believe in Him and am filled with an inexpressible joy, for I am receiving the goal of my faith, the salvation of my soul. I serve so that God will be glorified and people will come to know of His love.

Last Sunday was my third time teaching in Sunday School. It was quite an experiece I can tell you. I was telling those boys about Paul's second missionary journey, about how God didn't allow Paul and Silas to go to Asia and Bithynia because God had other plans for them. The moment I mentioned the name Barnabas(who didn't follow Paul in this second journey), the whole atmosphere started to change. Those fellas started to make fun of that name. Other names such as 'Bar-banana' and 'Barnabas-Banana' started to come out from their mouths. They would go on and on and on. It was so distracting! Well, I hope that despite of the slight(or major!) distraction, those kids were able to understand the whole message. Boys will still be boys. I really hope they will change once they go on to secodary school. But anyway it was quite fun teaching them. Hope they will outgrow their childish ways.I wonder when it will happen.

I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart.
I will tell of all your wonders
I will be glad and rejoice in you,
I will sing praise to your name,O Most High.
Psalm 9:1-2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails