Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday ramblings...

I'm in my second week of holidays and I'm feeling tired. So many things are going on. Started attending my residential college's choir camp last week. Skipped today because I have dance practice later for my church's Christmas Evangelistic Night. Haven't danced for ages and I feel so rusty. Last week, I must say, I had a fruitful week when I was back in college although I was alone in my room most of the time when we were not practicing the songs. Imagine-no TV, computer to keep me occupied. But I had a good time being alone. I had all the time to read the biography of James Hudson Taylor that I borrowed from Kim Cheng, do some journalling (stopped about a year later after Residential Bible School...teribble me) and take pictures of my good friends at college-the monkeys that frequently visit my room window in the evenings (Mike gave me a second hand digital camera, what a good timing!) The Monkeys aka My Personal Entertainers. I think they are so adorable!
It's so fulfilling to be alone with God, and reflecting about life and on His Word. I feel that the busyness of the past semester and whatever problems/stress that I faced had made me out of tune with so many things especially to know that God is in control of the circumstances that happen around me. Reading about the life of Hudson Taylor has also taught me many valuable lessons particularly in submitting my whole self to God and to allow Him to use me in different ways. Well, I haven't finish reading this book. Will probably write more about it later.
So many things on my mind and I need to get them done during the holidays:
-Visit the Hal Ehwal Pelajar office to get the Easter approval done. I hope I will have time to go during one of the afternoons when there isn't any choir practice. Pray that the university will approve and that the venue will be available. I want to get it done by this week.
-Practise choir songs. There are 4 songs that I need to play for the choir. 4 SONGS!! The competition is on 7th of January.
-Christmas dance.
-Submit the photos for the photography competition which Suit Lin kindly signed in for me a few months ago because of a picture that I took in Camerons. Again, what a good timing for Mike to give me that camera :-)
Well, before I end I'm going to make another cryptic statement that will make everyone especially my dear sister nuts!
After many, many months of not talking, I managed to talk to Myfriend about something concerning...something...purely business. Well, although the conversation was about 1 minute or so, at least this is a tiny, weeny improvement after many months . Sigh...
Truly my soul silently waits for God,
From Him comes my salvation,
He is my rock and my salvation,
He is my defense,
I shall not be greatly moved
Psalm 62:1-2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails