Friday, December 12, 2003

I hear the sound of the thunder, I feel the strong wind blowing, I see black clouds moving above me, I hear the rustling of the coconut tree leaves.....the rain has arrived.

Today has been just like any other day but it's not over yet. It's still evening and I have a prayer meeting to attend after this.

Joshua 3:9 - So Joshua told the Israelites,"Come and listen to what the LORD your God says.

Joshua was getting the attention of the Israelites, who were traveling at that moment, to listen to what God has to say to them. Picture the Israelites being excited or maybe nervous because they were about to cross the Jordan river. I was reading the whole of Joshua Chapter 3 and this verse reminded me that in times of busyness and sometimes chaos, we need to be still and focus on God. The commentary in my Bible(Life Application Study Bible) says that we must not get caught up with our busy schedule until we don't have time to hear what God is trying to say to us. As for me, it's strange and funny to know that even though I'm not that busy(during the holidays) I also tend to lose my focus on God! Even that I can lose sight of God, what if I'm so caught up with work? Well, I guess this verse applies to everyone, be it a lazy bum like me(heheh!) or a worker. After the Israelites have settled down for a moment after being called by Joshua, then God gave His sweet assurance in verse 10 that 'today you will know that the Living God is among you.....' and for evermore.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails