Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm force to think. This is what my education subjects require me to do. It's not that my Science subjects don't make me think but this time it's thinking in a different way. What is my philosophy as a teacher? First of all I don't really like the word philosophy. It sounds so self-centred and what others think don't matter to me. But then come to think of it, this word has
made me realise my role as a teacher (or a teacher-to-be). What is my moral stand? What do I want to instil into my students? What type of knowledge do I want to emphasize?

I want my students to appreciate what they learn and be able to apply whenever necessary. I like it when teachers make me have interest in the certain subject. My physics teacher made me hate the subject so much and because of that I didn't really understand what I was studying. I think everyone has a unique personality even those who are in the last class. Even students with disciplinary problems have feelings and emotions. Will I ignore these group of people and stereotype them as failures who will not succeed in life? But most importantly will I have the patience when I face such people?

I just can't imagine what teacher I would be. Will I be inspiring? Will I be destructive? There are just so many questions. I can only answer them as time goes by.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails