Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!...to yours truly and to those who are reading(if there is any..heheh)

Every year, I look forward to this day. Not that I expect much to happen to me(really, nothing significant has ever happen in my life on this day). It's just that I like to wish something special will happen. But then is it worth it, thinking like that? I have everything that I need. My family loves me so much and I know that my God loves me with a love that can never fail. One thing I enjoy though is reading in the newspapers about how people put in so much effort to make this a special day for their loved ones:-buying hundreds of roses that cost almost a month's salary for some people, and today in the papers it was highlighted that someone is going to receive a huge red bear which costs about RM900 something.My gosh, where on earth is she going to put it? I wonder what her reaction is when the big teddy bear is sent to her office. What will my rection be...hmm..If only he could just give me that RM900 and let me spend it freely.
It is weird, to know that amidst of all the celebration about love, there is so much more going on in this world. The world is broken. We live in a broken world where there is so much of suffering and pain. People inflicting pain on others. Why? Because everyone has different beliefs and principles of life. If you don't accept what I believe, then you must suffer the consequences. What I think is right but you may think it's wrong. People have become so self-centred and yet they are so angry most of the time.
Something that I look forward to...
'Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away..' Revelation 21:1
'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.'
Revelation 21:3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright.. last saturday I wanted to leave a comment but.. ter-offline.. Ur blog ar.. sth wrong with the colour.. the font is very small.. so small.. so small.. Muahahaha..
Anyway.. yup, Happy super belated Valentine's day.. haha.. crap la..
God bless ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails