Saturday, August 12, 2006

Batu-Bata

Stress(macamlah I betul-betul stress) has caused me to post this.....bear with me...I'm going nuts :-)

Finally, FINALLY those stupid rocks make sense to me! Once, I saw rocks as...well...of course rocks.What else can you describe a rock other than calling it a...rock if it's big, or a stone if it's small? Now with my newly acquired knowledge(saying it in a proud tone) on rocks, well to be more specific,on minerals, I've finally understood their existence....Finally!Do you know how hard it took me to appreciate rocks? For your information(only for those who care) rocks are composed of different minerals and each mineral is different from each other in so many ways. Each one has a different chemical composition, specific gravity colour, luster, fracture, crystal habit.....whatever....as if you bother. Now I can also say that God is also creative when it comes to making rocks. Really! Betul! A mineral that doesn't look like an ordinary stone to me is chalcedony(agate) because they come in different colours.When I first saw it I was like 'wah, this thing actually exists on this earth'

BERYL
ROSE QUARTZ
TOPAZ
CHALCEDONY
AMETHYST
"And you shall put settings of stones in it, four rows of stones: The first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and an emerald: this shall be the first row. The second row shall be a turqoise, a sapphire and a diamond. The third row, a jacinth, an agate, and an amethyst and the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx and a jasper. They shall be set in gold settings.." Exodus 28:17-20(In making the breastplate)
The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eight beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth and the twelfth amethyst. Revelations 21:19-20(The New Jerusalem)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HALLO~~u never learned from ur sis before this~~ haha..

Anonymous said...

I am proud that you have seen what rocks and geology do you your faith in God! it's marvelous isn't it!!!!!
Geology brings meaning to science!!!
LONG LIVE GEOLOGY!!!!
your geologist of a sister.
surprise!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Saya punya kakak sudah tahu blog saya....oooops!....nanti bila bapa saya akan mengetahuinya juga?....hehehe...ya...finally i understood why u love geology so much.those (once)stupid rocks...hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails