Sunday, August 20, 2006

I was going against the current

A message with one word means a lot to me.
About 26 hours ago, I was overwhelmed with what was happening until I couldn't take it. I exploded. Thank God He was there to help me pick up the pieces. I coudn't understand so many things. My limited mind found it hard to understand God's infinite-ness.
Recently, I found myself facing so many obstacles in my life. Not because it came suddenly but because I was 'building' them slowly each day until it became a major problem. I was thinking. I'm like a fish, swimming agaist the current, struggling to push myself against the water.Remember in 'Finding Nemo' where all the turtles were moving along the underwater current to get to a different place?. Rather then going against the current, all the turtles relaxed and allowed the current to take them anywhere. I struggle until I become so tired and burned out. God wants me to thrust my whole life unto Him and to let His will unfold in my life. God's will in like the current. Most of the time I choose to go against it because I want to get to a different destination rather than the place where God wants me to go or to do the things He wants me to do.
I pray that God will show me His wisdom in making the right desicions. I pray that I can find courage in confronting my problems(and The Problem).
And we know that all things work together for the GOOD of those who LOVE God, to those who are THE CALLED according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

1 comment:

Jia said...

I read from the book 'The Hiding Place'.. there is a part that goes sth like this -- Our heavenly Father knows how much you can bear. A little child couldn't carry a heavy load. As the child grows older, he learns to carry a heavier load. As we grow in Him, He reveals bit by bit the things which we yet to see now.

Yes, itz very frustrating for not being able to see the big picture. Hmm, a way to build our trust in Him..

I like Mr. Lian analogy -- a pig with a heart of a cat.

Continue to grow in Him. This race is not easy to run. BUt we are called to finish the race with PATIENCE and ENDURANCE.

Tahan!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails