Monday, April 30, 2007

The weekend that was.

So I've started my holidays. Two months long! So fast it's my second long holidays in Uni and soon after that I'll be a third year student. Not to keen about that though. It just reminds me that things are going to different in the coming years and I have to start thinking seriously of where I'd want to teach. Actually I've been thinking about it even when I decided to take up teaching. Sabah or Selangor? One place requires a great deal of courage and not so much on the other one. Oh, well. I believe the Lord will show me where to go. Last night while reading a book, I came across a quote by William Carey, 'Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God'. And I wonder, am I only expecting great things from God and so often not attempting anything for Him?

So fast one year has passed.The past few days I remember how at about this time last year, I was groaning and moaning about the problem I was facing. And all of the sudden there is a recurrence of the emotions that I was going through at that time. But it's not so severe anymore. I've dealt with it once and for all a few months ago. It's just that sometimes as time passes by I tend to look back at what happened and what went wrong. I know it's alright to go through certain experiences including the bad ones. The thing that matters is that I go through it gracefully, knowing that God's love and faithfulness is always perfect. Again I was reminded today(hmm...quite a lot of reminders eh?..hehe) of what Jesus said, 'If you are weary and are heavy laden, come unto Me and I will give you rest'

The past few days I had the opportunity to listen to a Sarawakian Bidayuh pastor who works with the Orang Asli at Pos Iskandar, Temerloh. His wife is an Orang Asli from the Temian tribe. It was truly an eye opener for me, hearing the experiences of a man who grew up the hard way and yet chose to devote his life in serving God. Although his life is so simple without the riches of the world, yet he counts himself so blessed. God takes care of every thing even until the smallest detail. Yes, all of us have been too comfortable with our lives to the point where demandingness has become our trait. Nothing is ever enough for us.

Sometimes a coincidence is just too hard to believe in. The Sarawakian pastor was invited by my church to speak at an evangelistic meeting for the Orang Asli here in Banting. The Orang Asli here are from the Semelai and Mah-Meri tribes. So on Saturday, my mum took them to visit some families. So as they were talking and mentioning names it was found out that some of people know the Pastor's wife's relatives who are in Pahang and they were all so happy to know this. Of all places, in Banting.

Not only that. One of my church members, Peggy, is also a Bidayuh. When the pastor went to my church for worship on Sunday, Peggy recognized him. Hmm? Because both of them attended the same primary school and they lived in the same village. My dad said that when both of them found out about this, it was like two long lost lovers talking to each other. heheh...Yes, of all places, in Banting.

Well, an interesting weekend that was. I even had Jia Hui and Ai Wei come over to my house for the weekend. As usual, no where else to bring them except to the only most happening place here-Morib Beach :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails