Friday, October 19, 2007

iPOTs + Random

Well, I came back from iPOTs a few days back and now I'm forced to face my Etika, Calculus II, and Bio notes. Help! Four days of meeting and talking to so many people have now made my home seem unusually quiet.

***

iPOTs was a time of much reflection, rest and also reminder to what I was called to do. More than 3 years have passed since I made that decision to become a teacher and there were times when I forget and became so complacent to that calling. I'm still left with less than 2 years or maybe more than that before I start teaching. Will I still be the same person that will have the same passion to teach?

To me, He is a God of Assurance. He assures me that He will take care of everything. He will take care of my parents and he will take care of my future, my family. Am I willing to follow Him to where He takes me to even if it means going to a place far away from home, from Selangor?

***

Rev. Hwa Yung challenged us to look at Malaysia. To look at at the grim situation of our country. There are missing voices everywhere and many are choosing to run away from it instead of facing it. He urges us to be brutally honest with ourselves and with God. Few questions were raised: Are we willing to be sacrificial? Are we willing to dirty our hands? Are we willing to live in the midst of inequality out there? What are we Christians doing about it? And it's sad to know that many are choosing to leave this country because they cannot deal with inequality and because they feel that this country has nothing to offer them. Where are our voices? Do we know what is happening to our country?

"After 50 years, our church has yet to answer its relevance to our society"

***

If only all of us realise what God wants us to do. Wake up! There is not much time! How long will you dwell in your own weaknesses and hurts that you will not allow God to heal you because you think that you can be in control of your life? Wake up! There is not much time left. You know your life is like a vapour. It will be taken away from you one day and it will be too late by then.

***

Wait. You and I need to wait. To wait upon the Lord because His timing is perfect. Wait so that you and I will be able to grow into the persons God want us to be. Wait even though it may be a long time and the future may seem uncertain. It will be worth the wait. I know. Just wait.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails