Monday, October 29, 2007

So true.

Let That Be Enough-Switchfoot

I wish I had what I needed
To be on my own
'Cause I feel so defeated
And I'm feeling alone
Most of the times I treat God as One whom I can always demand from. I want to fill the emptiness inside with temporary happiness and pleasure. I end up feeling lonely, empty and defeated. What is the purpose of living? I'm going to give up living. I'm going to give up on life. It is utterly meaningless. Where is hope?

And it all seems so helpless
And I have no plans
I'm a plane in the sunset
With nowhere to land
Life is so frail and uncertain. What am I living for? There is no time to live aimlessly. Everything seems so scary. How to move on? How look forward to the unknown?

And all I see
It could never make me happy
And all my sand castles
Spend their time collapsing
Yes, I have been building sand castles all these years just to see them collapsing. None of them have come true. Oh, how I spend my time thinking of what should be and what could be. I am always hoping for that someone to fill me, to complement me. All my sand castles have collapsed. What will come true and what will remain as a fantasy or a dream?

Let me know that You hear me
Let me know Your touch
Let me know that You love me
And let that be enough
He is the 'I AM' who is with me even in the storms of my life. He is the 'I AM' who will not change in this ever changing world filled with such fickled minded people like me. He is the 'I AM' who fills my loneliness and emptiness with His presence and love. He is the 'I AM' who hears from the depths of my heart and knows the sorrow that is so overwhelming. Nothing in this world can satisfy me. Nothing. No matter how hard I search for, I will not find anything that is of worth. He is enough for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails