Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Week Of Weird-ness

My maid wrapped the unripe mangoes on our tress with newspaper. Well, this is the first time I'm seeing the mango tree in front of my house with newspaper-wrapped mangoes because we usually don't wrap them. As soon as it is ripe we eat them. So, it's not unusual for people to wrap their unripe fruits. You can see it almost everywhere. You can see it at your neighbours house or at an orchad. People do that to so that unwanted creatures such as the birds or the squirrels will not eat them. It's normal. But the reason why my maid wraps them? No no, it's not because of the birds and the squirrels.She does it so that the unwanted creature, the gardener's wife does not steal them. Seriously.
A friend gave my dad two grape plants. He got so excited. Most probably he pictures a vineyard (Malaysian style) behind our house. Just kidding, just kidding. It's weird(in a good way) to see him so engrossed with two small grape plants. He even bought wood to make some sort of frame so that this creeper like plant can...well..creep on it. I don't know a better way to describe it. Oh, and he asks me to sing to it everyday to ensure optimum growth. Not seriously.
Since it's been raining everyday, my mum has covered the soil with plastic bag so that it doesn't get too much water to avoid it from being drown...hehehe
Panda, my dog is not a dog. She's afraid of chickens, cats, rats and goats and she doesn't bothers to chase one. This reminds me of an incident where a goat(you see, my Taman is such a happening place. Sometimes, you'd be able to see goats lepaking around, because some of the Indians at the nearby ladang kelapa sawit rear goats [oh and this reminds me of another particular incident that happened long, long time ago. A time when my Taman was a happening place for the cows. Seriously. So. My brother and his girl friends were walking from/to..not sure..the kindergarten. And there was this cow roaming around and he got scared. Read carefully. HE got scared.Not SHE/THEY got scared. He thought the cow was chasing him..hehehe..oh Im so going to die for saying this]) Coming back, coming back...This reminds me of an incident where a goat came into the house compound. There, my dog was standing in front of the goat trying to prove her macho-ness but I know she's terrified to the max. Suddenly, the goat nudges my dog with its two horns. Ouch! I certainly didnt see that coming what more did my dog. Poor thing.
No no..that is not related to my week of weird-ness. Yesterday, Panda shared its dinner with a mouse. Seriously. Yuks. I've not seen a mouse/rat running around for many,many years. There I was standing, looking at my dog finish up her dinner outside of my house. It was at night. Then suddenly I saw this thing moving in the shadows. I looked closer. It was a small mouce and it was eating the grains of rice on the floor. What on earth was it doing there? It was not even scared of Panda or me standing there and this dog was not even aware of it....I find it weird.
What a weird week I tell you...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

excuse me... timmy was also there! and it is a blatant disregard for family honor.

mw

Unknown said...

oi!..apa pulak i disregard family honor ah?!?see who's talking here...hehehe...oh btw cant wait to see little debbie ..

queen shelby said...

hmmm...
I thought it was grandma Darsh that was scared of the cows.
So this is the actual truth

Anonymous said...

hey...i want mango ya!!
howcome ur taman like more 'kampung' than mine?? huh??

toPher said...

OLA!!
HaHa...
First time visiting your blog...
You can bet it won't be my last..muahahahahaha..
Anyway, this Saturday (1July) free anot??..
I'll be celebratin my 21st bday at my place..
JiaHui and Mel will be coming... (My family from CampCam' will be comin)..
keke..
come lar k?...

Unknown said...

what is this?!?when was she ever scared of cows?.darshini scared of cows?..wait till she hears it..yup i can assure u it was not her...hehehe...didnt expect to c u here shelby..hehe

my dear mengyee, u want mangoes?...of course can..u must panjat the pokok and get it urself, im too lazy to go and pluck for u...hehehe
apa kampung ah?...cis teruknya..hehe..

Unknown said...

Hey chris!...why u celebrate ur bday so so early one??..u ask me to go but never tell me the time...what lar u..hehe...i think i should be able to go if its not at night...heheh

toPher said...

alamak..
fren..
the time is dinner time..
so it's at nite lar..haha
7pm..
aiya.. you banting girl like dat wan.. hahaha
just come lar..
you can follow jun or jiahui after dat lor...

Anonymous said...

aiya...so susah~ got rambutans?? think this is much more easier..

eh, tell ur fren, be careful his word!! wat 'banting gal' lik dat wan? is 'adelene' only lik tat k... ;p

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. interesting post wei!! so now many will noe the truth .. who was scared of cows.. the cows.. mooo..

Jia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails