Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Be kind!

Put on a smile and they'll be kind to you!

It's so nice to meet kind people especially when you really need them to do something for you.

Today I went to UM to send in a letter for approval of our MSK posters and handbills. Kind person number 1-En Hashim. He's always been so helpful to me dor the past 6 months. Today he told me that he's a bit fed up with En. Ambi, the fellow who approves all our meetings and projects. Fed up because En. Ambi simply scolded him for no reason. All En Ambi needs to do is say yes or no to the projects, he needn't have to be so nasty and simply scold people.

Then, I went to Econs Fac to hand in the letter for the venue. Kind person number 2-The Clerk. Well, although I didn't expect to hear the dreadful news from her, but at least she told it to me in a kind manner. We are not allowed to use the hall for MSK because apparently they have converted it into a temporary lecture hall. What nonsense. Anyway, her kindness did help me ease my nerves...a bit...a wee bit..good thing she didn't give that nasty and strern look at me which I really dislike the most. I had to think of another alternative to where we can have MSK in 3 weeks time. Then I went to Akademi Pengajian Melayu and there I met my final and most 'kindest' person.

Kind person number 3-Kak Mas
. I've never been to APM before and going there today did make me feel a little nervous. Thank goodness my friend was with me and she had a car. If not, I had to walk all the way up that hill to get there. At the office I saw a Malay guy and inquired about their hall, whether it was available or not. Then he called for Kak Mas to come. She's so nice and...kind... and was willing to check the dates for me. Ah, I felt a wave of relieve when she told me that the hall was available. She even offered to take us to the hall and have a look at it.
People-you can either hate them or like them. But today I really appreciate the kindness of people, what more a stranger to me.

So, put on a smile, and they will be kind to you!

(of course there are the nasty and hard headed people who don't give a care whether you smile or not. Well, all I can say is, bother them!)

1 comment:

the bummer said...

Its very frustrating facing unkind ppl especially those who are really nasty to you. Its like all you can do is to put on a reluctant smile and accept every crap being hurled at you. Thats what I normally do and I end up cursing him in my heart at the same time.

But in Matthew 5, Jesus highlighted on loving our enemies... its really hard and seem impossible tho but Jesus puts on a new perspective for all of us regarding love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails