Sunday, July 22, 2007

Me talking to Me.

Spent my 2 days at home shaking my legs, and letting time while away. Plus the weather which is cloudy-rain-cloudy-rain helped me sleep like a log which I've not done so for a long,long time. Ya rite.

Had that 'wondering' session with my self just now. When I look at some people whose lives seem to be so colourful, I tend to envy them a bit. They get to go to so many places and experience new things every month. And here I am stuck in one place the whole year and most of the time I am just going through the motions. So while I was in a state of discontentment, I had a super short conversation with myself

DissatisfiedAJW:
Why lar am I stuck here. Look at them, get to go here, go there, got lots of money. Somemore spend money like nobody's business. Life is so blissful. So colourful.

SatisfiedAJW:
Why are you complaining? What's the point of envying others? Be contented with what you have and live the life God has given you. You can't get everything you want you know. What do you mean by blissful and colourful? Isn't yours like that also?

DissatisfiedAJW:
Yes, of course I envy them! Why? Cannot ah? I am complaining because...errr...I feel like it. Suddenly I'm wondering why some things are just not fair. Y'know, some things don't happen to me but happen to them.

SatisfiedAJW:
Ah, you complainer. That's what Mum always calls you. When are you going to change? Why is there a need to complain? You have all the essential stuff. There wasn't a time when you didn't have money to buy the important things that you need. Be contented with what you have! So you measure your happiness by the things you have, is it? Don't! Ei brat, don't always complain and whine lar. Be thankful and grateful for what God has given you! And it's not good to envy others, y'know.

DissatisfiedAJW:
Ya....you got me this time.

***
Yup, I didn't have anything else better to do than to talk to myself. Sometimes I need to knock my own head and correct a few things in me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

buddy, are you okay?

Unknown said...

ooh,I'm perfectly fine!hehehe.that day I was just going bonkers.dats why the weird post.haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails