Friday, February 08, 2008

Lingering thoughts...

I will not enter my house, or go to bed-
I will not allow no sleep to my eyes, no slumber to my eyelids,
till I find a place for the Lord, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob
Psalm 132:3-5
*Before I lay out my own plans. Before I lay out my own dreams. Before I fill my heart with the things I love and desire. Before everything else, I will first find a place for my Lord. He is above everything else.

In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you're still angry,
and do not give the devil a foothold.
Ephesians 4:26-27
*Do not give place to the devil. Not only in anger but also in succumbing to temptations. Don't give in to temptations just because your life isn't what you wanted and because your past seems to be haunting you. Don't give in because you are pretending to be someone you're not.

Much dreaming and many words are meaningless.
Therefore stand in awe of God. (But fear God. NKJV)
Ecclesiastes 5:7
Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecclesiastes 12:13
*By looking at what we are doing...or rather what I am doing, it's as if God doesn't exist. Where is God in the picture? Are we sidelining Him? And it seems to be getting worst.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails