Thursday, July 17, 2003

Today is Thursday

Yeah,yeah...I've got to admit that I'm really lousy at updating my blog. It's not like as if anyone reads my blog because no one knows about it. Although I wish that someone who's in my mind right now will come to know about this blog.If that ever happens-lah. Oh how childish I am! Well, finally I got sick on Monday. Actually my stupid headache started last Thursday and it carried on for days until came along my dear and irritating fever on Monday which carried on until Tuesday. Didn't study for so many days but Thank God my brains are still functioning but I'm not 100 percent sure they're in perfect condition or not because I've been feeling so sleepy. Don't know why. Maybe because of the so called rainy season which has hit Banting. Banting. Will I ever forgot her name? Stupid town I tell you. I wonder when are they going to finish doing up all the roads. Even Putrajaya has been built with perfect road conditions within a few years. But the stretch of road between Klang and Banting has never been completed and God knows when it has been like that. For years. Many, many torturous years. And years to come. Stupid Banting.
Yay, Mike has come back from Amsterdam after attending the IFES conference. Went out for a Thai dinner with him and Wuey Ping and of course Daddy and Mummy on Tuesday. Before that, I took a bus to PJ, on the day which I ponteng school because I was still sick..kononnya..then I went to Coffee Bean. I had absolutely no idea what to order because I've never been to Coffee Bean! Talk about a country mouse coming out from it's coconut shell! Nah, it's just that I've never stepped into Coffee Bean because I never had the slightest intention to try out the coffees or anything there because of the high prices...not too high..Of course if you want to feel a bit classy, then I'd suggest that you check it out. Not because you want to try out the menu but you know, to be part of the 'in' group. Malaysians. What can you expect. So I sat there, among the so called 'elite' group of people, sipping my tasteless iced cappucino. Apparently, I made the wrong decision in ordering my tasteless iced cappucino because I didn't see a single person drinking tasteless iced cappucino!. But you know, in order to maintain my 'coolness', I had to just take my cup and walk towards an empty seat, pretending that I'm holding the one drink which is always drunk by everyone. Who goes to Coffee Bean just to drink Ice Cappucino? yuks. It tastes horrid. Remember, maintain 'coolness'. Just pretend to sip your drink with total satisfaction. Lessons learnt on that day-
1.Never Buy Ice cappucino again.
2. Try to dig any sources without losing your 'coolness' to find out which is THE drink or food to order at Coffee Bean. You want to be part of the 'elite' group.

AAHH.......Human beings. We are never satisfied with things. We want some enjoyment and excitement in our lives. We want to be recognised among our own human race. We want to be part of the 'elite' group. But the main question, is it worth it? Of course, there's no harm getting some little enjoyment in our lives which are harmless, definitely. But is it worth it, doing things just for our own pleasure and enjoyment? What is God's purpose in creating us human beings? I believe, He created us so that we can have fellowship with Him. He wants us to have an intimate relationship with Him and to know Him better. Sad to say, this world is so blinded by materialism that it is not able to feel and experience God. This world doesn't want to acknowledge God and His Divine purposes and strength. Sad.

1 comment:

Momo said...

I'm reading them Adelene :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails