Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Yet another day...

Dear Lord Jesus, I thank You for another new chapter of my life. Thank You for sustaining my breath and my heartbeat! ~Amen~

Well, today has been another new day for me. Just like any other days, it has been almost the same. Had to go to school and face all the same faces,yet again. At least today the lower 6 formers had some sort of motivational talk from some of the concern teachers. Surprisingly I gave my full attention to what they were speaking in front. Maybe because I was totally bored with my usual routine of going to school to study and then suddenly there's this minor change of plan where students are needed to go to the school hall. Thank God it was during my bio period. I almost went off to sleep when miss-boring-yet-hardworking was explaining about our practical experiments in front of the science lab. So when this prefect comes in and announces that all the lower six students must go into the hall, my heart leaped for joy! Finally I am saved from this misery! Finally there's an anticipation for my dying soul! In the hall, few teachers were seated on the stage and a lady teacher has already started her talk. The whole thing was for the teachers to give some encouragements and some advice to the almost half dead lower six formers. Of course, it's already middle of the year and the school is facing students with dying spirits. We have lost the spirit to study and there is no anticipation to come to school and study. We have lost all the excitement of studying!. Even I myself have to definitely admit that. The 'ponteng' syndrome has already started among us and the school is so worried about that because they feel that it's jeopardizing the school's academic qualities. As for me, I feel that there are 2 types of groups that skip school. The 1st group are the useless bums who have no intention whatsoever of studying. So the main purpose they skip school is because they're so sick and tired of studying that they feel they must have some 'rest' at home. So the hopeless bums fall into this category. The 2nd group are for the hardworking and studious ones...like me of course...hah!...
We skip school on certain days because we feel that we're going to be more productive at home. That happens when we have 2 perriods of maths, chemistry
and MUET on that day. My maths teacher knows nuts about form 6 maths and she makes maths as if it seem so easy because she assumes that all her students know their maths well so she doesn't make it a point to teach us well. So there's no point attending her class. I'd rather stay at home and do the maths questions given by my tuition teacher. This goes the same for Chemistry and MUET. My MUET teacher can't even speak proper english so how can we expect her to teach us excellent english beyond our own capabilities? Oh well, we can't expect much from our teacher's these days but one thing which we all should know is that our teachers are striving hard to give us the best. The lazy teachers are exceptional, of course. But to have a bigger view and understanding, we should treat them as adults who are trying to help us, the so called adults too. They are offering us a service, so we can choose to either accept it with a grateful heart or to ignore it. But sometimes there are situations that don't permit us to look at the good side of our teachers. That happens when we face pressure in our studies and we feel that the teachers are not helping at all in overcoming this problem. I guess I often face that type of situation where I do not appreciate my teachers' effort. Today has made me realise how much of commitment the teachers at my school put so that the students will benefit. Of course,again, the lazy teachers are exceptional because they will never change even until dooms day.

As I start looking back on the events that has happened this whole month, I start to cherish them in my heart. Yup, I'm still thinking about lifechapel's annual retreat at Fraser's Hills that ended exactly 1 month ago. I've met so many people and also friends from RBS. Chris, Wyzek, Sam. It was good to see them again after a long period of time although I didn't get to talk much to them because of my stupid shyness. I miss the fellowship that I had with their church members. I long for this same type of fellowship here in Banting but it will never come to reality. Every church is different and who am I to say which church is better and which is not.There isn't a perfect church. I know that God has a given me a special purpose in my church here and he wants me to serve according to the gifts that I have. I'm glad that I'm serving in the MYF. But still there's a longing for me to get close to the members without having the language barrier. Attending lifechapel's camp was indeed a blessing. I too learnt a lot through Daddy's messages about holiness during the camp. I wish I'd be able to attend a camp like this again. Oh, how I miss all the aunties that were quite close to mummy!...strange...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails