Friday, April 28, 2006

A tribute to A113

Sometimes I find it hard to let go of some things that are close to my heart.
As I was packing my things it dawned to me that I'm going to be doing this every year.(wah susahnya). So often I don't like change because I have to start adapting all over again. I guess in some situations change can be a good thing because then only will I learn to be thankful of what I have.

So I was packing my things in A113 on Wednesday. I was thinking to myself how fast time flew. I remember the first week of my life in university when so many 'firsts' happened. First time walking into a building which has the 70s look.(old and gloomy). First time stepping into a very musty and dusty room. First time sharing rooms with complete strangers (excluding camps). First time asking so many people their names and end up forgetting every name.
A SATU SATU TIGA
A113 gave me many good and bad memories. The bad ones first. There were many instances where I just felt like shouting at my room mate for talking loudly on the handphone in the early morning hours . I blame her for all the sleepless nights I had but thankfully this semester she decided to 'migrate' to her bestfriend's room though she comes back just to change and hang her wet clothes. Other bad memories include my room mates and their friends barging into the room in the middle of the night(I just wonder what they were doing the whole night). And it doesn't end there. They will start talking and talking and talking. I mean be considerate lar if it's past 1am or 2am they should tone down their voices. It was really frustrating especially when I had a class at 8am the next day or a test. So these are the bad ones.
The good ones. hmMm?....hMmM?...hmMm?...Ok lar...I'm exaggerating. Nanthini, one of my room mates was kind to me in little little things such as 'tapaoing'(I can't find any other better word) food for me whenever I had a class during meal time. There were times when we laughed together but it was rare. BUT I will surely miss the MONKEYS! My room faces a small patch of jungle and that's where the monkeys come from. They have entertained me without fail every evening. Sometimes while I'm studying a monkey will suddenly appear on the wire netting directly in front of me. If only I have a picture. Anyway, as strange I may be, I find them quite cute and adorable although some people would beg to differ! :-)
I will miss you, A113.
I don't know what the future holds for you and me.
I know the chances are low.
I might not be able to see you again.
Goodbye!
Bleh.
I will be getting a different room with different room mates next semester. I definitely will not be in block A. I just hope and hope it won't be on the top floor.
One thing God has taught me is to be patient. This includes being considerate even though people may be inconsiderate towards you. This may seem unfair or it is as if I'm being taken advantage of but I know that it is the right thing to do.

2 comments:

Jia said...

Haha.. same la, I'll miss my B116.

Nalika said...

wow..... have to learn to be that patient like you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails